<body>
about

RACHEL:D
Your profile here :)

reminisces

November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
June 2010
July 2010
September 2010
November 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
June 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
February 2012
April 2012

credits

Layout : materialisti-c
Resources : 1 2 3

Posted on Saturday, March 06, 2010, 04:19
It's been almost a week since I stepped into another phase of my life! The life of Adulthood! Yes! I am officially 21! An age of independence or rather a big no. age as others would call it. To me! It was indeed important! Not only do I feel older and matured, but also! Just one day after the offical ageing, I was thrown to deal with some setbacks of my life. It might be one of those big setbacks ever in my life, but with that! I have learnt to look at things at a different perspective! All thanks to friends who are both in Manch or in SG! It made me grew and allowed me to think about how things should be looked upon at times. Indeed, I may be facing one of those crisis in my life. But well, it is also a lesson for me. A priceless lesson that I have to go through. As I step into the working life in a few years' time, I may face even worst ones. And this is just part and parcel of my life to make me grow up and be stronger. And indeed, I have become stronger. I have learnt how to view things differently. The initial stage was really tormenting. I was on the verge of self destruction. No kid! I thought of many negative things. I thought of just wanting to leave like that. Shut the whole world out of my life. But hey, IF I were to do that! I would be discrediting myself aint I? For the past few days! Two words kept appearing in my brain. Pragmatism or Rights? In the end! I chose pragmatism. I may have lost my rights, rights of proving myself. But are rights that important? As long as I know Im clear, why should I fear or bother about what others see? Even if the whole world doubts me, I should never doubt myself. And so with that, pragmatism was the choice of everything. I may be badly stabbed, badly injured from this, but at the end of the day, as long as my conscious is clear, all I have is to answer to myself! Afterall, it's MY life. A life that I lead for, for myself and for my loved ones. And with that, I have decided to put things down and move on! Regardless of what the final outcome is, I will just accept it and move on with what fate has for me. Im not lowering down to fate, but trying to accept facts. Being pragmatic I would say. And with this, the skies seem to be soo clear and brighter for me! The lovely sun's been out to bath me with warmth and love! And I just love basking in the sunlight! :) How I wish there's a beach in Manch! It would just be perfect! But well! Life's never perfect aint it! I used to be a perfectionist, wanting everything to be 100% (some close friends might know!). But as I grow and experience more in life, I have long put that down! There's NO 100% in this world. All you have is just 3 words! "DO YOUR BEST!"

On a brighter side, I would love to thank all those who gave me a good 21st birthday here in Manch! The 2 mini celebrations I had, those cards I received, in particular to the 2 e cards!! Goodness!! It's just soo cute! Thank You WL! :) And MY FAV PRESSIE FROM MY SIS!! CRUMPLER!! Thank You for fulfilling my wishlist!! Now there's one thing less on it! :) And of cos! The organizer of my mini birthday celebrations! JOYCE CHONG and HAN and LYN! Thank You! I do enjoy them all. :) And of cos! For the hardwork of sewing my xiao bear bear a shirt! HAHAH!! Though u BRUTALLY raped it by stripping it!! HAHAHA!! Just kidding!! :D And of cos! Those cards I received! From AUSSIE!! :D Thank You my loveliess! :)

Ohyes! And Im so proud of myself today! I whipped up lunch for the manch girls! :) HAHAHA! Chicken Bulgogi, Vegetables and Fried Eggs! And hey! For your info, they are all really nice ok! It's my very first time whipping up a 3 dish meal and Im really happy it was good! :) It was totally cleaned out! And everyone left with a bright SATISFIED smile on their faces! I came here without knowing how to cook, only pasta and instant noodle and porridge! And now! Im at least skilled with some dishes! :D Hooray! Manchester taught me how to cook for myself and my friends! :)

OHYES! Before I end off, smth I would like to declare and make it known! And that is! Since I have officially stepped into Adulthood, I have made a promise to myself! There's two things that I would want to do in my life, the moment I earn my very first pay!
1) To sponsor a child in Thailand
2) To work as a volunteer in Africa, Kenya!
Yes! Im NOT kidding! And Im looking for ppl who are interested in gg to Kenya too! HAHAHA!! So if you are! Come to me! :) SERIOUS!! NOT KIDDING!! I DONT break promises! :)

Have a great weekend! :)