Yet another weekend has passed! It's the third week of sch coming up. Well! Everything is getting into place but school work seems to be piling up? Although I have been trying to do my work in advance, but somehow, work load just keeps coming in!? It's pretty much on self study and also research! First time in my life that Im reading thick scientific textbooks! And guess what! Apparently, the traits of a Kiasu asian does help ok! Apparently, the hardworking Ang Mohs are EVEN more kiasu than us! The books in the library are all gone sooo quickly! Well! I was lucky to be able to hog onto a few textbooks that we would need! And I have been renewing it again and again! Let's just cross finger and hope that no one would reserve it! Otherwise I would have to kiss my beloved book goodbye! My precious book! But my seniors were really funny!? Teaching me how to reserve and hog my books! HAHAHAH!
And I swear Im starting to hate lab work here. For those ppl who know me well, wld know that lab has been my forte! And since I can say this, smth must be really wrong! Seriously! The way they handle their things are really! EXTREMELY HORRENDOUS! Even the lecturer is contaminating the dye! Ohmygosh! And they are sooo wasteful! Using nitrile gloves to handle bacteria? Wow! I wonder if the bacteria contains ethidium bromide or smth? LOLOL! And guess what! I think I nearly got mutated or smth!? My partner! Actually left her plate of MUTATED Volvox(Algae), that was apparently sporing? (I know it's weird to see algae spore)., open RIGHT NEXT TO ME! Wow! I highly doubt if I will survive through my 3 years here not! HAHAH! Ohmann !! It was then I really miss my 3 yrs partner! MIRAH!! WHERE ARE YOU!? MY ALL TIME LAB PARTNER!! :)
It's also the Fresher's Flu period! Everyone in lecture has been coughing and getting sick! And somehow, a coughing orchestra (as named by one of my classmates) was formed! There seemed to be a rhythm!? Pretty annoying at times!! I hope that my flu jab would be able to protect me well! Definitely do not wish to fall sick in a foreign country!
On a lighter note, the trip down to Oxford was good! Oxford is indeed enriched with their education culture and also the nice buildings there. Most of their buildings have got a history behind it! Pretty amazing! And guess what! JK Rowling wrote his Lord of the Rings in one of the buildings there. And in the same building, Chronicles of Narnia was written too! It's like some inspirational building! So will I get to write a book too!? HAHAHHA!! LOLOL!! And yes, the character Alice and DODO from Alice in the wonderland was originated from Oxford. Apparently, they are real people in the past!? That was what we were told! And and and!! HARRY POTTER WAS FILMED IN OXFORD! :) How cool hur! This is just so exciting! I would want to go down to Oxford once more when I have the opportunity to! :)
Pictures shall be up soon! :)
*Ohmann! Will history repeat itself? A bad time Im having!