<body>
about

RACHEL:D
Your profile here :)

reminisces

November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
June 2010
July 2010
September 2010
November 2010
January 2011
February 2011
March 2011
April 2011
June 2011
August 2011
September 2011
October 2011
November 2011
December 2011
February 2012
April 2012

credits

Layout : materialisti-c
Resources : 1 2 3

Posted on Monday, September 21, 2009, 04:56
It's been 4 days since I touched down at Manchester! Well, been busy settling down and all! And yes, my hostel room is pretty big? Kinda good I guess!? But Im definitely still trying my best to get accustomed to everything here? The culture here is pretty different? You would be able to see some mad person singing aloud on the streets or even someone riding on a bicycle shouting across the street saying hi to you!? Well, it's a culture that I would have to get used to it? Seriously, I do not know how the 3 years would be like! But well, since its a chosen path, I would just have to go for it I guess!



More or less settled down in the hostel alr, with all the luggages unpacked! Im pretty amazed by myself that I was able to lug almost 50kg of belongings up to my hostel and unpack them!? HAHAHA! Well, definitely, muscle aches were unavoidable, and at the same time, several bruises were also created! My entire leg is filled with big and small ones! HAHAHA!! It's currently Autumn here in Manchester, but the temperature is always ranging around 12 - 18 degrees celcius? When there's sun, it would probably be warmer but the wind is just good! :) How I wish Singapore has the cool wind with it's sun! Wow! Wont that be perfect!? I was told that we were actually luckily that we could see sun! Because, Manchester was to be a pretty gloomy or rather cloudy city?



The environment here is really good!? And the building structures here are really beautiful! :) And yes, the town and chinatown just have this tinge of being young? It's very lively with lots of youths hanging ard! And yes, the shopping centres here are REALLY HUGE! And shops like Topman, Dorothy Perkins, River Island are like 3 storeys high!? Pretty cool I would say! But sadly, the things here are really expensive! Probably because they are all calculated in Pounds and Pence? We would really need to calculate properly and spend wisely!? :( No more spendthrift style like in Singapore! And I have been munching on bread ever since the day I arrived! The mention of bread kinda scares me off? HAHAHAH!! But I was glad that at least I had a good Chinese meal at Chinatown with the Singapore Society ppl! Well, it's always comfortable to know that there are other Singaporeans ard! Indeed, Manchester is a very international place! You see lots of China ppl and Malaysians and also Arabians walking ard the streets? Yeap!

Well, it's my Faculty's orientation 2ml! I really do not know what I would be expecting and Im pretty scared! but well, I would just have to go for it and see how it is I guess! I just hope that everything is fine! Alright! Probably the upload of some pictures shall be done the next time! Stay tuned! :)

*And yes, I really miss home and also my beloved HOMOS and friends BADLY!! Like seriously! :(