It's the end of the third week of work at NUH. At times, I feel that working there can really make your emotions fluctuate! For example, when you meet patients who are always soo unreasonable and demanding, you will really feel soo angry and would LOVE to scold him/her. Some patients can get really nasty to the extend of complaining and started raising his/her voice! Goodness!! What nonsense this is! And with this, I have learnt to be a better consumer and should always be more tolerant and giving! On the other hand, when you need to do translation for doctors to old patients who come alone, and what's worst is that you have to break the news of them having prostate cancer. Goodness! It happened to me once, and when I told this old uncle about it, he's eyes turned red and watery! How poor thing! All I could do was to try and best telling him that by taking medications and with regular check ups, things could be controlled and it would be fine! When I had to return his appointment card to him, he was away to the gents, but the next time I saw him when he was out from the gents, you could see his wet eyes!! Goodness!! Dont this sight just make you feel sad too!? It did for me!! BADLY!!! However, there are always nice patients who make your day with their warm hearted thanks and smiles!! :)
This is the reason why I said working in NUH is indeed emotions flatuating!! I have also concluded that Cancer is indeed a very terrifying illness to get. I saw how a patient looked like since she's diagnosed with Leukemia! Cancer in the blood! She's just soo weak and gets tired easily! But well, this old grandma still smiles no matter what it is! How brave she is !! :)
HOORAY!! It's orientation for me this coming week. I have always heard about how slack orientation is and the early times you get to leave work! HOORAY!! How excited I am!! HHAHAHA!!
Goodness!! I just miss doing lab work and handling those cells and bacteria!! HAHAHAH!!! I miss my LABCOAT!!! LOLOLOL!!!